compensation: Based on Experience, Talent and Attitude employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Plans and designs manufacturing processes for Aerospace Manufacturing Business. Maximizes efficiency by analyzing layout of equipment, workflow, assembly methods, and work force utilization. Determines parts and tools needed in order to achieve manufacturing goals according to product specification
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Read and interpret prints to determine manufacturing methods and sequences, fixturing, raw materials, and work to be performed outside by local vendors. Understand and interpret GD&T.
• Apply time standards to work performed in shop.
• Input routing data into database; input is necessary to calculate times necessary to complete procedures and to explain in detail the procedures involved in each manufacturing operation.
• Communicate with other associates to determine the optimum way to manufacture parts.
• Use AutoCAD or Solid Works to sketch blueprints for outside vendors.
• Detail quotes for precision-machined components.
• Develop fixtures and manufacturing processes.
• Develop and update Operator Work instructions.
• Ability to manage new program from Purchase order through New Product Introduction Process and into Production.
• Knowledge of machine tools and their capabilities for the purpose of properly routing precision components.
• Experience and/or extensive education in manufacturing processes
• Experience with both production and tool room work preferred
• Project management experience.
• Effective at professionally communicating to customers, supervisors and peers.
Education & Experience Requirements:
• BA in Engineering
• 2-5 years of experience, aerospace industry preferred but not necessarily required
• Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Performs a variety of complicated tasks
• A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
• Prior experience working in a shop with an AS9100 or ISO9000 quality system.
• Must be fluent in English with the ability to read, analyze, and interpret manufacturing drawings, technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
Technical & Mathematical Skill Requirements:
• Ability to read and interpret customer engineering drawings and specifications, and interpret into manufacturing processes.
• Uses addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of numbers including decimals and fractions
• Uses simple formulae, charts, tables, drawings, specifications, schedules
• Checks reports, forms, records and comparable data where interpretation is required involving basic skills knowledge
• Must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
• Must be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts
• Work would be in an office environment and manufacturing facility environment
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers