Addex, Inc., an original manufacturer of high-tech electro-mechanical processing equipment for the blown film plastics industry, is experiencing rapid growth and seeking energetic, multi-talented Engineers with a desire for innovation in Newark, NY to join our team. This position is well-suited to the hands-on engineer, who enjoys problem solving and seeks variety in a job, including occasional cross-country & international travel. Addex seeks an engineer who will be self-motivated to gain a complete understanding of Addex machines and control systems from a mechanical and electrical perspective. The right person will enjoy a variety of engineering duties.
• Detail complex mechanical and electrical drawings in Solidworks, suitable for manufacture
• When required, assist Production team to assemble high-tech blown film cooling equipment, including wiring of electrical assemblies
• Customer on-site and remote technical field service, both domestic & international (occasional)
• Contribute to research and development activities on in-house blown film pilot line (Addex has numerous in-force US Patents)
• Ensure that our customers receive quality service and attention, whether remotely or on-site
• BS Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical, or Electronics Engineering
• 5+ years engineering background, including CAD & troubleshooting electro-mechanical systems
• Proficient in Solidworks, MS Word, Excel, Outlook
• High level of intellectual curiosity
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral English
• Other valued experiences: machining, welding, machine repair, carpentry
• Occasional lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 40 lbs
• Bending, kneeling and frequently performing tasks that require manual dexterity
• Ability to climb up and down ladders, steps, catwalks and machinery at customer site is required.
Background, Driving and Drug Checks will be condition for employment.
Addex offers a competitive salary and benefits, including paid time off and health insurance with company funded HSA.
Please note: A personal letter of introduction describing yourself and why you are a good fit for this position is strongly recommended to move your application forward!
Email resume and cover letter by 1/25/2018.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers