Posted:◀ prev ▲ next ▶
Sales, Marketing, Management (rochester ny)
Cell show contact info Penfield, NY 14526
Food Industry Sales, Marketing, Management
As the Vice President of Marketing, grew the market for NY apples by 45% by engaging supermarket chains in the eastern United States.
As Sales Manager, led a team of 14 inside and outside sales representatives to exceed the company sales goal of $25 million.
• Management, sales training, and team leadership
• Business development, building sustainable relationships
• Promotional programs and opening emerging markets
• Developed and presented to the Board of Directors
• Planned and executed logistics for national and regional trade shows each year
• Planned and executed a fall marketing plan that profitably moved a 32-mil bushel crop at a value of $250 million
• Twice awarded the Product Business Magazine "Marketing Excellence Award" by working with 40 supermarket chains in the eastern US and the Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA)
• Developed new foodservice sales territory to produce over $3.5 mil per year
• Designed marketing and promotional programs with co-partners that increased exposure and sales: JetBlue Airlines, American Cancer Society, General Mills-Box Tops for Education, Jif-Smucker's, Marzetti and The National Peanut Board
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
Volunteer Work 2006-Present
• Helping 3 family members out in time of need due to death and estate issues in 2013
• Volunteer time at the Rochester Open Door Mission
• Safety Net Committee at my church that helps people out in times of need
• Flower City Work Camp, where I planned and organized the feeding of 550+ youth and adults for the week
IFCO Systems, Tampa, FL 2011-2012
Northeast Account Manager
Newly created position to expanded the use of returnable plastic containers (RPC's) as a packaging alternative for supermarket produce purchases
• Developed relationships with northeast supermarkets and produce suppliers throughout the US to convert existing packaging to RPC's that resulted in improved quality, reduced supply chain costs, and landfill waste
• Researched 35 produce supplier items and presented packaging conversion data to retailers
• Converted 15 produce commodities to RPC packaging in Wegmans and Loblaws Canada
David McClurg -2- show contact info
New York Apple Association (NYAA), Fishers, NY 2001-2011
Vice President of Marketing
Represent the apple industry to retailers, the public, state and federal agencies. Marketed the yearly apple crop.
• Created a yearly marketing plan for the apple crop that strategically grew the market for NY apples from 24 mil bushels to over 32 mil bushels in 11 years
• Planned and executed a yearly marketing plan for retailer ad plans and promotions that grew the business in over 40 supermarket chains. In 2008 this program won the Produce Business Magazine "Marketing Excellence Award"
• Developed a yearly national display contest for the Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA) in US military commissaries that increased to 86 participants and won the Produce Business Magazine "Marketing Excellence Award in 2009
• Expanded the business for New York apples with New York State Schools, SUNY Colleges and USDA school lunch programs by working with 2 national and 5 regional food distributors across New York State
• Re-designed the NYAA web site, researching a new web master, creating new updated content, and creating a more consumer friendly information site
Jacobstein Food Service, Rochester, NY 1990-2001
Sales Manager 1999-2001
Managed a 14 person sales team for a $25 million broad line food service distributor.
• Increased sales 10 % each year and increased bottom line profit margin by 2%
• Worked with food brokers on new inside sales incentives for growth in targeted product lines
• Designed and implemented a new comprehensive commission plan for outside sales reps that incentivized them for increased sales and profit margin
• Implemented a new laptop sales order system for all outside reps. Trained sales people that resulted in eliminating the need for 400+ orders per week to be entered the inside sales staff
Sales Representative 1990-1999
Sale of food and related products to restaurants, schools and institutions.
• Grew sales territory from 0 to $3.5 million annually
• Exceeded sales goals
• Established relations with key multi-unit accounts that grew annually
Bachelors Degree in Business Management, SUNY Empire State College, Rochester, NY
Associates Degree in Food Management, Monroe Community College, Rochester, NY
• Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Outlook
- it's ok to contact this poster if you are a potential employer or other principal
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers