Posted:◀ prev ▲ next ▶
Employment Counselor - Job Coach (rochester)
compensation: $12.50 - $15.37/hour DOE
Employment Counselor - Job Coach - PT/Per-diem
Must have flexibility working days and some evenings.
Provides intensive job coaching services to program participants. Responsible for assessments, individualized training support and related services in order to support competitive employment.
1. Conducts initial assessments of assigned individuals' vocational needs and strengths.
2. Functions as a member of the placement team with participants and Job Developer in the creation of an individualized vocational plan and subsequent placement activities.
3. Provides individualized training support to program participants after they have been placed in competitive employment, including, but not limited to: a. On-site assessment and training. b. Work adjustment counseling to individuals in transition to a new work environment c. Work site orientation, adaptation and accommodation d. Related support services, such as travel training, time and stress management, and interpersonal skills. e. case management/case coordination services when necessary
4. Functions as an advocate and educator to employers, co-workers and community service providers.
5. Develops extended service plans with participants and the Coordinator of Supported Employment at the conclusion of intensive training.
6. Completes case notes, contact logs, and other documentation as required by LDA and ACCES-VR.
7. Performs other duties assigned as assigned by supervisor.
Associate's Degree preferred or High School Diploma and Supported Employment Certificate required.
One year of verifiable experience working in a human services environment required.
Valid New York State driver's license and a registered, insured vehicle.
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends, as needed.
Ability to travel anywhere in Monroe County and surrounding counties.
Ability to use Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
Ability to train individuals with disabilities on job sites by tailoring training to their specific learning style required.
Ability to communicate to people we serve, employers and colleagues required.
Ability to manage multiple tasks and people learning different jobs at multiple locations required.
Ability to meet new people and build a rapport quickly to begin learning and teaching functions of a job required.
Ability to communicate verbally and in writing required.
Please apply online at www.LDARochester.org
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers