Experienced Area Director for High School Exchange Program
Forte International Exchange Association is a nonprofit, non-governmental organization. Since 2000, Forte has been a leader in international education and cultural exchange. Forte has a J-1 designation by the United States Department of State to bring international high school exchange students to the United States to live with volunteer host families for a year or academic semester. The Area Director position is a crucial leadership position for our company in placing more than 400 students each year, and we are growing! Forte is committed to recruiting and retaining the best professionals in our industry who are passionate about international education and cultural exchange.
Summary of Position:
Forte International is seeking a qualified professional to serve as an Area Director in the Northeast. Based out of your home office, the Area Director will be responsible for overseeing a team of Local Representatives in placing and supervising High School aged students from over 20 countries around the world. The position also requires the recruitment and development of the Local Representatives. Other responsibilities include recruiting host families, recruiting high schools that accept exchange students and coordinating with the home office.
Responsibilities Include But Not Limited To:
• Build and supervise a team of Local Representatives (independent contractors) to facilitate the placing of exchange students with volunteer host families, who will attend high school for a semester or full academic year;
• Lead the regional team of field staff to ensure timely placement of all students assigned to the region, and that the proper documentation for the placement has been supplied to Forte's home office;
• Create a development plan for the region, which includes a regional training meeting for LRs;
• Maintain compliance with Department of State regulations and CSIET program standards by providing the necessary documentation for all students placed in the region (proper host families, host family information forms and school permission forms, contact logs, etc);
• Work closely with the staff in the Virginia office through regular email, phone, and Skype communication;
• Maintain and develop new high school relationships for the exchange program in designated states;
• Recruit, manage and motivate field network to help the team place their designated quota; develop personal rapport, provide ongoing support to all field representatives;
• Generate leads and direct host family recruitment;
• Extensive summer hours as necessary (nights and weekends);
• May involve some domestic and international travel; valid US driver's license required;
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Must have previous experience working with a cultural exchange organization. Prefer at least three years;
• Ability to lead and guide a dispersed team;
• Self-motivated, creative and organized;
• Outgoing personality and enthusiasm for international exchange;
• Professional behavior and correspondence a must;
• Excellent computer skills with competence in Microsoft Office Suite, Gmail, and eager to learn and use new technology, previous database skills a plus;
• Previous experience recruiting and motivating volunteer network;
• Cold calling experience helpful;
• Experience in working with secondary school administration a plus;
• International travel and/or work experience preferred but not required;
• Knowledge of the international exchange program is helpful;
• Excellent organizational and time management skills;
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment and within very tight deadlines;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Ability to take initiative and be flexible;
• Energetic, personable, goal and team oriented.
• Work from home;
• National and international travel opportunities available if you reach your goals;
• Salary increases as the Region grows;
• Opportunity to change lives every day through international exchange, professional development and life-long friendships!
Due to federal regulations, a background check will be conducted as a condition of employment.
Interested candidates, please email a cover letter and resume to this posting. Please put "Area Director for Northeast Region" in the subject line. We will contact those candidates we would like to meet with to further discuss this opportunity.
Posting ID: 4146889497